Thanksgiving Food Safety Tips
General food safety tips to keep you and your guests healthy this Thanksgiving.
- Thaw your turkey in the refrigerator, microwave or submerged in a sink (change the water every half hour) for maximum safety.
- Use soap and water to wash all places that touched raw turkey.
- Roast the turkey until the temperature taken at the thickest part of the thigh reaches 180 degrees F.
- Keep cold foods cold, and hot foods hot. If dinner is delayed make sure that foods are kept at temperatures below 40 degrees or above 140 degrees.
- Enjoy dinner, but don’t forget to refrigerate leftovers within two hours.
- You must eat leftovers within 2-4 days, freeze them, or throw them away.